Grilled Garlic Scapes
- First cut off the flowers, because they will burn on the grill. (Don’t throw them away though. You can toss them into your salad, or a stir fry.)
- Trim any tough bottom stem (like you would asparagus.)
- Toss the scapes, whole or cut into manageable lengths, with olive or hazelnut
oil. Sprinkle with pepper and a little salt.
- Put directly on a hot grill, spreading around a bit with tongs.
- Cook until soft and browned, tossing frequently, about 10 minutes,
- Remove from grill and toss with additional kosher or sea salt.